SWAPAHOLIC CNX on Sunday 30 March 2023 Starting 13.00 at Free Bird Cafe
on Sunday 30 March 2023 Starting 13.00
at Free Bird Cafe
We have been holding clothing swaps since 2013, it’s a great way to curb fast fashion and make new friends, while sprucing up your wardrobe!
Is it for you?
-All people that wear women’s fashion are welcome to attend!
-Looking for something fun and new to wear to all of the events popping up?
-Interested in living a more sustainable lifestyle, free from fast fashion?
-Love to upcycle looks and make them new?
-Have a unique, fun, funky style that needs a few new pieces?
-Like to have an afternoon with friends, shopping-for free?
-Enjoy clearing out your wardrobe and getting all minimalist?
-Just want to see what it’s all about?
Here is how it works:
1. Clear out your wardrobe, all gently used- still in wearable condition- clothing, bathers, loungewear, fancy dress, costume, accessories, shoes are welcome.
2. Bring it all over to Free Bird Café at the start time and sort it in the clearly marked piles around the room (upstairs in our workshop space).
3. Once everyone has sorted their stuff, you start to ‘shop’ picking out what works for you, helping friends find things that would look good on them, yelling, “hey, that looks awesome on you!” to each other as you find your treasure.
4. No one is counting how many pieces that you take, just take what works for you and what you really enjoy.
5. Don’t worry, the leftover clothes will find love too! They will all be donated to our donation center where they will be sorted, and some will be sold in our shop to support our work serving Refugees and Indig. Peoples in Thailand and most (what is useful and appropriate for them) will be distributed through our network all over N Thailand and into Burma where we send truckloads, every week!
Most importantly, bring your friends, have fun and take advantage of the fact that you are also at an incredible, plant-based, social enterprise restaurant, Free Bird Cafe, and plan to have a meal before or after swapping, 100% of the profits support those in need in our local community, so it is good for you, and others!
มาเชียงใหม่ พบกับความน่าสนใจ ความเป็นเชียงใหม่ สัมผัสกับผู้คนท้องถิ่น กับ กิจกรรม เทศกาลเชียงใหม่ ที่จะนำพาคุณไปสัมผัสวัฒนธรรมของเชียงใหม่ อัพเดตข่าวสารที่นี่ at-chiangmai.com